“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
“There is nothing perfect… there is only life.”
~August Boatwright (The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd)
These are a delicious treat for breakfast! If you are feeling adventurous you could even make them for lunch, dinner, or a snack!
It’s a pretty basic donut recipe, so feel free to add different things into the batter or on top of the glaze, such as mini chocolate chips, crushed up Oreos, M&Ms, or even sprinkles!
We will also include an amazing CHOCOLATE GLAZE to put on top!
2 medium or large sized bowls
Wire Cooling Rack (a plate works just as well)
Ingredients for the Donuts:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (depending on how strong you want the flavor)
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted butter
STEPS for the Donuts:
- Heat up your donut maker and wait until the light turns off.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt together, stir lightly..
- Add in the milk, eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Stir it up until it is smooth, but do NOT over-beat!
- Pour it into your donut maker, using a spoon or a special pourer.
- Close the lid and rotate the handle, set a timer for 1 min.
- ****If they start to smoke, check on them!****
- Take them out one by one with a fork, put them on a wire rack (or plate) to cool completely, and repeat the process until the batter is gone.
Ingredients for the Frosting:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
STEPS for the Frosting:
- Start whipping up the frosting after all of the donuts have been set on the rack to cool.
- Pour the dry frosting ingredients into a bowl and mix them until they are combined.
- Pour in the wet ingredients next.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together throughly, until the frosting has no lumps or chunks. It should look smooth, creamy, and luscious.
- Using a butter knife, spread the frosting over the cooled donuts.
- ******IF YOU WANT TOPPINGS, ADD THEM NOW!******
- Let the donuts dry before putting them in a closed container.
- BUT… you may enjoy some right now… just to make sure they meet your standards. 🙂
~~Yields: About 28 Donuts~~
You might want to double this recipe for a bigger crowd!